Scottsdale Estate Plan Attorneys' Estate Plan Contents
by Arizona estate planning attorneys Richard Keyt (Rick, the father) and Richard C. Keyt (Ricky, the son)
We are Scottsdale estate planning attorneys with over 50 years of combined estate planning experience who have prepared 630+ estate plans. We want to have a free meeting with you to answer your questions and design a comprehensive estate plan that protects your most valuable assets – your loved ones.
Sixty-seven percent of Americans do not have an estate plan. Don't be one of them. If you don't have a will or a trust the intestate succession law of your state of residence, not you, will determine who inherits your assets. To learn who will inherit your assets if you are an Arizona resident and die without a will or a trust see our article called Who Inherits Your Property If You Die without a Will or a Trust.
Get Peace of Mind and Protect Your Loved Ones
If you hire us to prepare your estate plan you will get:
- A revocable living trust that: (1) becomes irrevocable after your death (cannot be amended) and leaves your assets to the person or people you want to inherit your assets, (2) provides lifetime asset protection of the inherited assets from your beneficiary's creditors, ex-spouse and bankruptcy courts, (3) has standby special needs trust provisions if a loved one is a special needs person now or later in life, and (4) names a trusted person or people to manage assets for minor children or young adults if you or you and your spouse die or become incapacitated.
- A deed that transfers your home to your trust.
- A last will & testament that transfers any assets that remain in your name after death to your trust. If you have any minor children your will also names the person or people you want to become the guardian(s) who raise your minor children if both of their parents are deceased.
- A healthcare power of attorney in which you name the person who can make medical decisions for you if you cannot communicate with the doctor.
- A living will is instructions from you to doctors to pull the plug if you are brain-dead and being kept alive by machines.
- A financial power of attorney in which you name a person who can manage your financial affairs if you are unable.
- A personal property memorandum in which you describe personal items such as jewelry or art and name the person who gets the item if you die.
- Digital pdf files of all your signed documents so you can give them to people who need them if you die or become mentally incapacitated.
- Peace of mind
The first step to protect your loved ones and ensure your assets go to your desired heir(s) is to book a free office, phone, or Zoom video consultation with one of the Keyts. During this no-obligation meeting they will answer your questions and design your estate plan. Make an appointment with:
Our 231 Google Reviews
Excellent5.0★★★★★ Based on 231 reviews fromGaming with C. ★★★★★ KEYTLaw is truly outstanding, and exceeded our expectations with their stellar estate planning expertise and impeccable LLC services. We're immensely grateful for their exceptional work, feeling assured that their prowess truly defines the pinnacle of legal excellence."Response from the ownerThanks for your five-star Google review of KEYTLaw. Your statement that KEYTLaw is "truly outstanding" and that we exceeded your expectations with our estate planning expertise and LLC services means the world to us. Appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. If you ever need assistance with legal matters in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.Richard KeytKEYTLaw, LLC Cheng S. ★★★★★ Very prompt and professional. I was even able to schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation prior to hiring them! Highly recommended!Response from the ownerThank you very much. Appreciate the nice words. Neel P. ★★★★★ Richard and his team are very experienced and knowledgeable in forming Trust and LLCs. They helped us to come up with an LLC structure that provides the protection we need for our investment properties. I was able to discuss with Richard and had all my questions answered within days of contacting the team. Besides the scheduled meetings, Richard also responded to calls and emails promptly to help us to make decisions quickly. I highly recommend Richard KeytLaw if you need help with LLCs, Trust, or any business formation.Response from the ownerThanks Neel. Very nice review. Good luck with the new LLC. Mei-Lin H. ★★★★★ Richard and his team is very experienced and knowledgeable in helping us to form LLCs. They helped us to come up with a LLC structure that provides the protection we need for our investment properties. We were able to discuss with Richard and had all our questions answered within days from contacting the team. Besides the scheduled meetings, Richard also responded emails promptly to help us to make decisions quickly. We really recommend Richard KeytLaw if you need help with LLCs.My husband and I have been researching the LLC laws and law firms for asset protection for a while. We had discussions with a few online companies including a nationally well-known company before making decision to go with KeytLaw. Some of them recommended overly complex LLC structures with a huge setting cost and on-going maintenance fee. We eventually decided to go with KeytLaw because of Richard's experiences and knowledge about Arizona Law, their accessibility, and their fee structure. We are very happy with the decision to go with Richard and plan to use their service for estate planning in the future.Response from the ownerHi, Mei-lin. Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. It means a lot. Alyson L.