Scottsdale Estate Plan Attorneys' Estate Plan Contents
by Arizona estate planning attorneys Richard Keyt (Rick, the father) and Richard C. Keyt (Ricky, the son)
We are Scottsdale estate planning attorneys with over 50 years of combined estate planning experience who have prepared 630+ estate plans. We want to have a free meeting with you to answer your questions and design a comprehensive estate plan that protects your most valuable assets – your loved ones.
Sixty-seven percent of Americans do not have an estate plan. Don't be one of them. If you don't have a will or a trust the intestate succession law of your state of residence, not you, will determine who inherits your assets. To learn who will inherit your assets if you are an Arizona resident and die without a will or a trust see our article called Who Inherits Your Property If You Die without a Will or a Trust.
Get Peace of Mind and Protect Your Loved Ones
If you hire us to prepare your estate plan you will get:
- A revocable living trust that: (1) becomes irrevocable after your death (cannot be amended) and leaves your assets to the person or people you want to inherit your assets, (2) provides lifetime asset protection of the inherited assets from your beneficiary's creditors, ex-spouse and bankruptcy courts, (3) has standby special needs trust provisions if a loved one is a special needs person now or later in life, and (4) names a trusted person or people to manage assets for minor children or young adults if you or you and your spouse die or become incapacitated.
- A deed that transfers your home to your trust.
- A last will & testament that transfers any assets that remain in your name after death to your trust. If you have any minor children your will also names the person or people you want to become the guardian(s) who raise your minor children if both of their parents are deceased.
- A healthcare power of attorney in which you name the person who can make medical decisions for you if you cannot communicate with the doctor.
- A living will is instructions from you to doctors to pull the plug if you are brain-dead and being kept alive by machines.
- A financial power of attorney in which you name a person who can manage your financial affairs if you are unable.
- A personal property memorandum in which you describe personal items such as jewelry or art and name the person who gets the item if you die.
- Digital pdf files of all your signed documents so you can give them to people who need them if you die or become mentally incapacitated.
- Peace of mind
The first step to protect your loved ones and ensure your assets go to your desired heir(s) is to book a free office, phone, or Zoom video consultation with one of the Keyts. During this no-obligation meeting they will answer your questions and design your estate plan. Make an appointment with:
Our 234 Google Reviews
ExcellentKEYTLaw LLC5.0★★★★★ Based on 234 reviews fromSee all reviewsLuc M. ★★★★★ I want to thank the Keyt Law team for all their help over the years. They do a great job and I appreciate their customer service. THANK YOU