The Arizona Corporation Commission announced today that its franken-monster, i.e., its online e-document filing and document retention system is almost alive! That’s what the email I got today from the Arizona Corporation Commission tells me. Here’s the text of the message
We are pleased to inform you that we are going live with our upgraded E-filing/database system! Some details to note:
- E-filing will NOT be available from Wednesday, May 16 at 5:00 pm until Monday, May 21 at 8:00 am.
- The website is otherwise available for searching and viewing entity records up until Friday, May 18 at noon.
- We will accept paper documents at our physical locations in Phoenix and Tucson up until Friday, May 18 at noon.
- The new system/site will be available on Monday, May 21, at 8:00 am.
- During implementation, penalties for late-filed corporation annual reports will be waived, and corporations will not be administratively dissolved for failing to file the annual report.
If you previously responded to a request to provide your email address (for some statutory agents and MOD account holders), beginning May 21 you can register in the new system using that email address. As a reminder, MOD accounts will be handled solely online.
We will send a separate email explaining how the statutory agent process works in the new system.
Online filing is not mandatory, but is strongly recommended. When the new system is up and running (as of May 21), we will continue to accept documents by mail, in person, by fax, and through the email address of [email protected] The EMAIL document intake will be discontinued approximately 2-3 weeks after the go-live date. We will change the bounce-back auto message on that email to give a date certain for termination of that service.
Bottom line: A new Arizona Corporation Commission electronic world is about to begin. I’m sure there will be growing pains, but from the demo I saw last November it looks like the new digital / online filing and record-keeping system is going to be great. I anticipate that we will soon be filing all LLC and corporation documents with the Arizona Corporation Commission using its online e-filing system.
Watch the Arizona Corporation Commission’s short explanation video.