KEYTLaw, LLC, is a six lawyer Arizona business law firm located in central Phoenix, Arizona. The firm’s attorneys are H. Richard Keyt, J.D., LL.M (taxation), his son Richard C. Keyt, JD, CPA, brother Norman C, Keyt, J.D., Jeana R. Morrissey, J.D., Charles E. Runyan, J.D., Ph.D., and Thomas Hovore. We also have five legal assistants.
Attorneys’ Areas of Practice
- Richard Keyt, J.D., LL.M (taxation): Forming and administering limited liability companies, corporations (profit & nonprofit), partnerships (LPs, LLPs, & LLLPs); wills, trusts and estate planning; asset protection planning; business law; contracts (preparing & reviewing); federal tax law and real estate law; mergers and acquisitions; representing buyers and sellers of businesses and preparing and reviewing business purchase and sale documents. Call Rick at 602-906-4953, ext. 1.
- Jeana R. Morrissey, J.D.: real estate law (representing buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants); advising borrowers on the legal consequences of defaulting on a loan secured by a lien on Arizona residential property; short sale advice; preparing and reviewing residential & commercial leases; contracts of all types (preparing and reviewing); limited liability company Operating Agreement & Buy Sell Agreement preparation & review; real property tax lien foreclosures; representing buyers and sellers of businesses and preparing and reviewing business purchase and sale documents. Call Jeana at 602-906-4953, ext. 4.
- Richard C. Keyt, JD, CPA is Richard Keyt’s son and practices law in the same areas as his father. Forming and administering limited liability companies, corporations (profit & nonprofit), partnerships (LPs, LLPs, & LLLPs); wills, trusts and estate planning; asset protection planning; business law; contracts (preparing & reviewing); federal tax law and real estate law; mergers and acquisitions; representing buyers and sellers of businesses and preparing and reviewing business purchase and sale documents. Call Ricky at 602-906-4953, ext. 3.
- Norman C, Keyt, J.D.: landlord tenant law, including residential & commercial evictions and post eviction collections; preparing and reviewing residential & commercial leases; commercial & intellectual property litigation; criminal defense; domain name law. Call Norm at 602-906-4953, ext. 812.
- Charles E. Runyan, J.D., Ph.D.: intellectual property law, including patent & trademark applications and copyright registrations; intellectual property licensing, intellectual property litigation; domain name law; limited liability companies, corporations (profit & nonprofit), partnerships (LPs, LLPs, & LLLPs). Call Chuck at 602-906-4953, ext. 809.
- Thomas Hovore, J.D. (licensed in California and Arizona): As both a transactional attorney and litigator, Thomas has represented hundreds of businesses of all sizes from matters as small as simple transactional services for home-based start ups to $1m+ litigation disputes with Fortune 100 companies. Thomas represents small businesses from formation to dissolution and all points in between. Thomas also has substantial commercial litigation experience. Call Thomas at 480-361-3466.
We help clients negotiate and document business matters. We provide common legal services that people need, including business legal services. We can prepare and review virtually any type of contract.
Our Fee Philosophy
Most of the legal services we offer are for a fixed amount. We only charge on an hourly basis when it is not possible to determine in advance how much time services will require. For example, when we are involved in litigation, we never know in advance how much time the matter may need so our attorneys and legal assistants charge for their time at their hourly rates. For most routine legal services such as preparing or reviewing a contract or forming a company, we charge a fixed price. We want our clients to know in advance how much we will charge.
If you have questions about your legal needs, our legal services and fees, call one of our attorneys. We are happy to discuss how we can help and the cost of our services.
Here’s a partial list of legal services and current associated fixed fees that we offer:
1. Contracts: Jeana Morrissey, Richard C. Keyt and Richard Keyt prepare and review contracts of all kinds such as employment agreements, consulting agreements, independent contractor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, noncompete agreements, confidentiality agreements and other common business documents. Richard has prepared and reviewed thousands of contracts since 1980. We charge $350 to prepare most business contracts (sent to you as a Word file attached to an email message so you can modify and use the contract again in the future). If you have a complex transaction or situation that requires a a more comprehensive customized contract, we will provide you with a fee quote. We also provide package rates for preparing multiple contracts that are commonly used together for particular transactions such as all of the documents needed to document a loan, a business purchase or sale or a real estate purchase or sale. Contact one of us for more information. Our fee to review a contract depends on the length of the document. Email or fax the document to a KEYTLaw attorney who will then give you a fixed fee quote to review your contract based on its length.
2. Estate Planning: Richard Keyt and Richard C. Keyt prepare wills, trusts, living wills, healthcare powers of attorney, financial powers of attorney and other estate planning documents. If you do not have a comprehensive estate plan, your family is at risk and could suffer financially if you were to die or become incompetent. For more on this important topic, including the fixed guaranteed fees for our estate planning services, see our website called Arizona Wills & Trusts located here:
3. Commercial Real Estate Leases: Jeana Morrissey prepares and reviews commercial leases. Unless you have an unusual situation, Jeana charges $499 – $999 (depending on the number of pages) to review a commercial lease and $350 to review a residential lease. Jeana also prepares commercial leases.
4. Landlord Tenant Law: Norman Keyt is a landlord’s attorney. He prepares and reviews residential and commercial leases and advises landlords on Arizona’s landlord tenant laws. He has a high volume eviction practice that includes collecting judgments obtained against tenants. To learn more about the numerous landlord services Norm provides, see his website called Arizona Landlord Tenant Law located here:
5. Real Estate Purchase & Sale Contracts: Jeana Morrissey prepares and reviews contracts and related documents to buy or sell all types of Arizona real estate (commercial, office buildings, shopping centers, industrial buildings, homes and raw land). For commercial purchases and sales, we charge $1,000 to prepare the contract and related documents unless you have an unusual situation. We charge $997 to prepare documents to buy or sell an Arizona home. See Jeana’s article called “Arizona For Sale By Owner Contract Preparation Service” located here:
Jeana also prepares deeds ($195) to transfer title of Arizona real estate to trusts, limited liability companies and other types of entities.
6. Arizona Foreclosure Law: Jeana Morrissey offers a one hour consultation for $349 to answer questions about Arizona’s foreclosure laws and if a lender can sue a borrower for a deficiency if the foreclosure does not produce enough money to pay the lender in full. For more on this topic, see Jeana’s article called “Arizona Foreclosure Law aka Arizona Anti-Deficiency Law“ located here:
7 . Loan Documents: We prepare documents to document loans such as promissory notes, deeds of trust, security agreements, UCC-1 financing statements and loan agreements. Unless you have an unusual situation, we charge $350 to prepare a note, deed of trust, security agreement or loan agreement. If you have multiple loan documents we will discount the total depending how many are involved.
8. Business Purchases & Sales: Richard Keyt and Richard C. Keyt prepare the documents to buy or sell an Arizona business such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, promissory notes, security agreements, UCC-1 financing statements and other purchase or sale related documents. We charge a fixed fee of $2,000 (plus costs) to prepare all the documents to buy or sell an Arizona business if the sale price is $1 million or less. For more on this topic, see Richard Keyt’s article called “Legal Issues When Buying an Arizona Business – Frequently Asked Questions“ located here:
9. Entity Formation & Administration: We form every type of entity recognized under Arizona law. The entity of choice in Arizona today is the limited liability company. Richard Keyt has formed 3,700+ LLCs since he started counting in 2002. To learn more about LLCs, go to Richard’s website called “Arizona Limited Liability Company Law” located here:
To hire Richard Keyt to form an Arizona LLC for $599, go to “Form Your Arizona LLC Now” located here:
To hire Richard Keyt to form an Arizona nonprofit corporation for $1,297 go to “Arizona Nonprofit Formation Service” located here:
We also administer Arizona companies. These services include documenting adding and removing owners and amending Articles of Organization and Articles of Incorporation and registering companies formed outside Arizona to do business in Arizona.
10. Intellectual Property: Charles Runyan provides full Intellectual Property legal services including patent preparation, prosecution, portfolio management, and opinion work. He aslo prepares applications for federal trademarks and copyright registrations. Chuck prepares and reviews all types of intellectual property license agreements. He advises people and businesses on tradesecret law. Chuck has a Ph.D. in chemistry and has been a patent attorney since 1998. Chuck represents individuals and businesses, start-ups through large, multi-national pharmaceutical companies, in their pursuit and enforcement of patent and trademark rights throughout the United States and worldwide. His practice includes intellectual property litigation. Charles Runyan is licensed to practice law in Arizona, California and Texas.