The Must Have Arizona LLC Reference Book
by Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt, who has formed over 4,800+ AZ LLCs
If you intend to form or have formed an Arizona limited liability company, you absolutely must obtain Arizona business attorney Richard Keyt’s in depth, Arizona specific 172 page Arizona LLC Operations Manual book. You cannot afford to set up or operate your Arizona LLC without the Operations Manual. One mistake could cost you thousands of dollars or risk having creditors of the LLC pierce the company veil and hold the owners liable for the debts of the LLC.
Can You Pass the LLC Basic Knowledge Test?
If you cannot answer all of the following questions about Arizona LLCs, you need the Operations Manual because ignorance could cost you money:
- When does an LLC give you no protection from liability?
- What are the four methods of federal income taxation that apply to LLCs?
- What is the IRS default method of federal income taxation applicable to your LLC if you do not file an election to change another method?
- How do you indicate the LLC’s method of federal income taxation on IRS form SS-4?
- Does your LLC need to file an IRS form 2553 or an IRS form 8832?
- What is the deadline for filing an IRS form 2553 or form 8832?
- Does your LLC need to acquire an Arizona transaction privilege tax license and collect and pay the tax?
- What two items are required to open a bank account in the LLC’s name?
- What is a tradename (hint: it’s not a trademark)?
- Will your LLC need a tradename and how does it register the tradename with the proper state agency?
- What is an Operating Agreement and does Arizona law require it?
- What is the difference between a married couple owning their interests in an Arizona LLC as community property vs. separate property?
- How do you document that one spouse owns his or her interest in the company as separate property?
- What is a spousal disclaimer and does a member of your LLC need one?
- What is the difference between a member managed LLC and a manager managed LLC?
- Is your LLC member managed or manager managed?
- What is the proper format for the LLC’s signature block in a contract?
- When must the LLC file an amendment to its Articles of Organization with the Arizona Corporation Commission?
- What is Arizona law with respect to meetings of members and managers?
- What are the recordkeeping requirements of Arizona law?
The answers to these questions and many other important LLC facts are in the Arizona LLC Operations Manual. Because it explains more than 75 LLC formation and operational issues, the OM is the “owner’s manual” and go to reference book for forming and operating an Arizona limited liability company.
The Two Phases of Arizona LLC Life
Every LLC has two phases, formation and operation. Phase 1, forming the Arizona LLC is easy. You fill in the blanks of the Arizona Corporation Commission’s two page form Articles of Organization and give it to the ACC with a $50 check for the filing fee.
Phase 2 is the hard part and what you don’t know can hurt your LLC and its members and managers financially and in other ways. Complying with Arizona limited liability company law and operating the company properly after it is formed is critical. An Arizona LLC that does not comply with Arizona law exposes its members (owners) to the risk that a creditor could convince a court to pierce the company veil and hold the members liable for the company’s debts.
For more on this topic, see Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s article called “The Two Phases in the Life of an LLC.”
Arizona LLC Operations Manual Table of Contents
Look at the Table of Contents of the Arizona LLC Operations Manual and you will be shocked at how comprehensive it is. How many of the OM’s 75+ Phase 2 topics are you familiar with? Hint: If you didn’t answer all of them, you may be placing your LLC and your economic future at risk. The members and managers of an Arizona LLC must know a lot more about Arizona law than just how to complete the two page form Articles of Organization with the Arizona Corporation Commission (Phase 1).
Why spend countless hours researching Arizona LLC law when you can obtain a copy of Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s 172 page Arizona LLC Operations Manual instead. The OM is exactly what its name implies. It tells the members and managers of Arizona limited liability companies what they need to know to get the company up and running quickly and how to comply with Arizona law.
Ignorance is Not Bliss – Your Arizona LLC Must Comply with Arizona Law
If your Arizona limited liability company fails to comply with Arizona LLC law and the formalities of operating as an LLC in Arizona, there is a risk that a court might “pierce the company veil” and hold the members/owners liable for the debts of the company. You formed your Arizona limited liability company to take advantage of the general rule that the members of an Arizona LLC are not liable for the debts of the company, but do you really want to jeopardize your liability protection because you do not know how to comply with Arizona LLC law and the formalities of operating an LLC in Arizona? If you have an Arizona LLC, you need our Arizona LLC Operations Manual.
Nobody else offers anything as comprehensive as our state specific Arizona LLC Operations Manual. There are only two ways to get a copy of the OM:
- Hire us to form your Arizona LLC for $597 (Silver package) or $997 (Gold package) and the Arizona LLC Operations Manual is included for no extra charge.
- Purchase a monthly or annual subscription to the ebook version of the Arizona LLC Operations Manual.
We Answer LLC Formation Questions for Free
If you have questions about forming an Arizona LLC, contact Arizona LLC lawyers Richard Keyt at 480-664-7478 or his son Arizona LLC attorney and former CPA Richard C. Keyt at 480-664-7472. We do not charge for entity formation related questions.
Two Easy Ways to Hire Richard Keyt to Form Your Arizona LLC for $397 (Bronze), $597 (Silver) or $997 (Gold)
To learn about what is included in each of our three LLC formation packages see our Bronze ($397), Silver ($597) & Gold ($997) LLC Formation Packages Comparison page.
We’ve made it very easy to hire Richard Keyt (4,800+ LLCs formed) and KEYTLaw, LLC, to form your new Arizona LLC. It’s a simple 5 – 10 minute process. To hire Richard to form your new LLC select one of the following two options:
Option 1 – Telephone
Call any of the following KEYTLaw people and give your LLC and credit card information over the phone:
- Richard Keyt, J.D., LL.M (federal taxation) – 480-664-7478
- Richard’s son Richard C. Keyt, J.D. – 480-664-7472
- KEYTLaw LLC legal assistant Michelle Watkins – 480-664-7413
Option 2 – Online
Go to our Bronze ($397), Silver ($597) & Gold ($997) LLC Formation Packages Comparison page and click on the orange Buy Now button for the LLC formation package that is best for you.