by Richard Keyt, Arizona LLC lawyer
All but two of the forms listed below are free Arizona LLC forms. Some of the forms are Arizona Corporation Commission pdf fillable forms. Other forms were created by Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt and put on this website so you can copy, paste and edit as necessary for your LLC. Richard also created some pdf fillable forms to change addresses of members, managers and the statutory agent and to appoint a new statutory agent for an Arizona LLC.
Before Forming an Arizona LLC
1. Arizona Corporation Commission Naming Standards – The rules used by the Arizona Corporation Commission to determine if it should reject Articles of Organization because the name of a proposed Arizona LLC is not distinguishable from the name of an existing Arizona entity or trade name.
2. Arizona Corporation Commission Name Database – Do not submit Articles of Organization to the Arizona Corporation Commission without first checking this database to see if your desired LLC name is available.
3. Application to Reserve LLC Name – if you want to reserve a name for your LLC, use this form even though it says it is for a corporate name. See “Should You Reserve a Name with the Arizona Corporation Commission for Your New LLC or Corporation?“ See the Instructions.
Forming Arizona LLCs
4. LLC Filing Fees- The Arizona Corporation Commission’s list of fees to file various LLC documents.
5. Articles of Organization (ACC’s form) – This is the the Arizona Corporation Commission’s two page fill in the blanks form document filed with the Arizona Corporation Commission to form an Arizona LLC. If you use this ACC form you must also complete and submit: (a) either the Manager Structure Attachment (if the LLC is manager managed) or the Member Structure Attachment (if the LLC is member managed), and (b) the Statutory Agent Acceptance form. See the Instructions for the Articles of Organization. If somebody holds an Arizona tradename identical to the desired name of your new LLC then when you submit the Articles of Organization to the ACC for filing you must also submit a Notice of Transfer of Limited Liability Company Name Reservation signed by the holder of the tradename. See the Instructions.
6. Articles of Organization (Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s custom 3 page editable Word document) for $27. Instead of using the bare bones ACC form Articles of Organization, purchase Richard Keyt’s editable Word 2003 version of the Articles of Organization. Buy this document in our store and get an immediate digital download.
7. Arizona LLC Operating Agreement for $97. Purchase Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s editable Word version of his Arizona LLC Operating Agreement. Buy this document in our store and get an immediate digital download with instructions on how to modify the document. See “Why all LLCs need a written Operating Agreement.”
8. Attorney Drafted Operating Agreement Customized for Your LLC for $297. We prepare a custom attorney drafted Operating Agreement for your existing Arizona LLC. This document is 45+ pages and is the product of Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s experience as a business lawyer since 1980 who has prepared 4,000+ LLC Operating Agreements. Richard has invested hundreds of hours in writing a state of the art Operating Agreement that has provisions in it that he has created based on real life situations he has encountered representing members of LLC. Your purchase includes one half hour of attorney time to answer questions and modify your Operating Agreement. To learn more about Operating Agreements see “Why Your LLC Needs An Operating Agreement” and “Arizona LLC Operating Agreement FAQ.”
9. LLC Starter Kit 3 Item Bundle $173 ($50 discount off the price if you purchased the three documents separately): Purchase Arizona LLC lawyer Richard Keyt’s Do-It-Yourself Articles of Organization (item 6), Do-It-Yourself Operating Agreement (item 7) and a one year subscription to Richard Keyt’s 170+ page online eBook called the “LLC Operations Manual.” This three document bundle saves $50 off the price if you purchased all three items separately. Purchase these documents if you want substantive Articles of Organization rather than the minimally sufficient AOO provided by the ACC’s two page form or if you want an Arizona LLC attorney prepared Operating Agreement. You can purchase the Word versions of Richard Keyt’s AOO and OA and edit them for your Arizona LLC. The AOO contains provisions that coordinate with corresponding provisions in Richard’s charging order enhanced Operating Agreement.
10. Confidential Trust Preparation Agreement $397 – Hire Arizona estate planning and LLC attorney Richard Keyt to prepare a custom drafted Confidential Trust the purpose of which is to disguise the ultimate owner of an Arizona LLC. If you are the beneficiary of this trust you would name the trust (not you) as the member and/or manager of an LLC so that your name will not appear in the Articles of Organization or on the records of the Arizona Corporation Commission. Note: The $397 price is for people for whom Richard Keyt did not form their LLC. If Richard Keyt forms your LLC, the price of the Confidential Trust is $297 and you purchase it by checking the box on page 2 of your LLC Formation Agreement rather than by purchasing this service.
11. Coversheet – This document must be submitted to the Arizona Corporation Commission along with the Articles of Organization.
12. Notice of Publication – After the Arizona Corporation Commission approves a new Arizona LLC’s Articles of Organization, the LLC must publish a Notice of Publication in an ACC approved newspaper in the county in which the LLC has its known place of business. See How Do I Prepare a Notice of Publication for a New Arizona LLC?“
13. ACC Approved Newspapers – you must publish your new Arizona LLC’s Notice of Publication, you must use a newspaper in the county of the LLC’s known place of business that has been approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission.
Operating Arizona LLCs
15. Disclaimer of a Membership Interest in an Arizona Limited Liability Company $47 – This Disclaimer of a Membership Interest in an Arizona LLC form when completed, signed by the non-owner spouse and notarized will cause the owner spouse to own the LLC membership interest as the owner spouse’s sole and separate property. If you are “How Do I Acquire an Ownership Interest in an Arizona LLC as Separate Property?”
16. Joint Tax Application – Use this Arizona Department of Revenue form to apply for an Arizona transaction privilege tax license (aka sales tax license) if your LLC will be selling products in Arizona. Employers paying wages or salaries to employees for services performed in the Arizona must apply for a Withholding number & Unemployment number using this form.
17. Articles of Amendment to the Articles of Organization – Copy and paste the text into your word processor and edit as necessary if your Arizona LLC needs to amend it Articles of Organization. See Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt’s article called “When Must an Arizona LLC Amend Its Articles of Organization?“
18. Statement of Change of Address of Member or Manager – If a member of manager of an Arizona LLC changes his/her/its address on file with the Arizona Corporation Commission, the company should notify the Arizona Corporation Commission of the address change. Use this form to change an address of a member or manager of an Arizona LLC on file with the ACC.
19. LLC Statement of Change of Known Place of Business Address – Complete and send this form to the Arizona Corporation Commission if your LLC changed its known place of business listed in the LLC’s Articles of Organization on file with the ACC. See the Instructions.
20. LLC Statement of Change of Statutory Agent – The statutory agent must complete and send this form to the Arizona Corporation Commission if the statutory agent changed its address listed in the LLC’s Articles of Organization on file with the ACC. See the Instructions.
21. Statutory Agent Acceptance – Complete this form if the LLC will appoint a new statutory agent. The document must be signed by both the new statutory agent and: (i) any member of the company if the LLC is member managed, or (ii) any manager of the company if the LLC is manager managed. See the Instructions.
23. Tradename Application – If you want your LLC to operate in Arizona under a dba (aka doing business as or called a trade name in Arizona) complete this form and send it to the Arizona Secretary of State with a check for $10. See my article called “How Do I Get a DBA for an Arizona LLC?“
24. Assignment of Tradename – Use this Arizona Secretary of State form to transfer a trade name registered with the ASS to a new owner. Commonly used when a sole proprietor obtains a registered trade name and later forms an entity to operate the business. In this case, the owner of the trade name could assign the trade name to the company.
Foreign LLCs Registering to Do Business in Arizona
25. Application for Registration of a Foreign LLC. If you use this ACC form you must also complete and submit: (a) either the Manager Structure Attachment (if the LLC is manager managed) or the Member Structure Attachment (if the LLC is member managed), and (b) the Statutory Agent Acceptance form. Read the Instructions.
Forms to Name KEYTLaw, LLC, as an LLC’s Statutory Agent or Use Its Address as the LLC’s Known Place of Business in Arizona
29. Statutory Agent & Known Place of Business Service Agreement – If your LLC wants to hire KEYTLaw, LLC, to be its statutory agent or use KEYTLaw’s address as its known place of business in Arizona, the LLC must complete this document, have it signed by a member (if member managed) or manager (if manager managed) and deliver the signed document to KEYTLaw with one of the other three documents listed above.
Terminating an Arizona LLC
Deliver documents to be filed with the Arizona Corporation Commission to the following address:
Arizona Corporation Commission
1300 West Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2929
Fixed Fee LLC Legal Services
If you want an Arizona business & LLC lawyer to form your LLC, amend your company’s Articles of Organization, prepare an Operating Agreement, document a transfer of ownership of the company, hire Richard Keyt.
- Richard Keyt’s LLC Formation Services – Arizona LLC attorney Richard Keyt (practicing business law in Arizona since 1980) offers three LLC formation packages and prices: $397 (Bronze package), $597 (Silver package) & $997 (Gold package). See our table that compares LLC formation services for each of the three packages. For a detailed explanation of the LLC formation services we provide for each of the three packages see “Contents of Our Bronze, Silver & Gold LLC Formation Packages.”
- How to Hire Richard Keyt to Prepare an Operating Agreement for Your AZ LLC – When Richard Keyt forms an Arizona LLC his LLC package include his custom drafted 50 page Operating Agreement. If you have already formed an Arizona limited liability company and it needs an Operating Agreement, you can hire Richard to prepare only the Operating Agreement.
- How to Hire Richard Keyt to Prepare an Amendment to Articles of Organization of an Arizona LLC – Read “When an LLC Must Amend its Articles of Organization” so you will know when Arizona LLC law requires your Arizona LLC to amend its Articles of Organization on file with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- How to Hire Richard Keyt to Prepare a Buy Sell Agreement – If your Arizona LLC has or will have multiple members other than a husband and wife, you must read Richard Keyt’s article called “A Multi-Member LLC’s Most Important Document” and your LLC’s members must adopt a Buy Sell Agreement.