Question:  How does my limited liability company get an trade name, aka a “dba” or “doing business as?”

Answer:  In Arizona the term “dba” or “doing business as” is what Arizona law calls a “trade name.”  Trade names are issued by the Arizona Secretary of State.  To get a trade name the applicant must complete a Trade Name Registration Application form and file it with the Arizona Secretary of State at the address at the top of the form.  The filing fee is $10.