Call Landlord’s Lawyer

Norman Keyt: 602-424-4158

Landlord Litigation

If you're a landlord and you need to sue a tenant to recover damages, or your tenant sues you, we can represent you in the litigation. In addition to eviction lawsuits, there are three common types of litigation matters we regularly handle for Arizona landlords.

Damage to Property

If a tenant damages your property beyond normal wear and tear, you have a claim against them for your damages. These cases range from situations where tenants have intentionally inflicted substantial damage as retaliation to situations where tenants destroy carpet by failing to control their pets. For More Information.

Breach of Contract

If your tenant fails to perform as required by the lease, you can sue the tenant to recover your damages. We regularly handle breach of contract claims for Arizona landlords against former tenants. For More Information.

Personal Guaranty

We regularly represent commercial landlords seeking enforcement of personal guarantees associated with commercial leases. For More Information.

Sign up for our newsletter!

Writ of Restitution

After a landlord gets a judgment against a tenant the court can issue a writ to remove the tenant.  The judgment will order the tenant to leave the premises within five days.  If they don’t voluntarily leave after you get a judgment you need the writ.

The writ is optional.  The court doesn’t  “issue”  the writ unless you request it.  The writ empowers a peace officer to physically remove a tenant from a specific piece of real property.  After the writ is issued by the court it must be delivered to a peace officer for service.

For Justice Court judgments a constable typically serves the writ.  For Superior Court judgments the Sheriff typically serves the writ.  Both the constable and the sheriff charge a fee to serve the writ.  The court also charges a fee to issue the writ.

Writs for Residential Property

If we didn’t handle your eviction case,  we can still do the writ for you,  just follow this link.  If we did your eviction case, contact the legal assistant assigned to your case and tell him or her that you need the writ.

Repossession Service –  We Meet the Constable or Sheriff for You

We can meet the constable or sheriff at the property on your behalf.  Arizona law specifies a procedure to deal with a tenant’s abandoned property.  We can meet the constable or sheriff for you if you are an out of state landlord or an Arizona landlord who wants to make sure the property repossession conforms to Arizona law.  Follow this link to hire us to recover possession  of your residential property.

Writs for Commercial Property

Arizona law allows commercial landlords to lock-out tenants without the need to obtain an eviction judgment. Most commercial leases preserve this right for the landlord.  So,  in most cases tenants can be removed without the need to file an eviction lawsuit or use the writ process.  But,  if you want to obtain a money judgmeent against your tenant, the quickest, most costs effecitve method to do that is with an eviction lawsuit.


Don’t Have a Judgment Yet?

Visit our Eviction Pages

What do I do with all my tenant’s abandoned Stuff?

It depends on whether they abandoned the property before the writ is served, or after the writ is served.  But, we can give you the information you need to comply with Arizona law.

Learn what you should do with a former tenant’s abandoned property