Commercial & probate litigation, landlord representation (residential & commercial) including evictions & collections & rental properties in tenant bankruptcies
Norman C. Keyt has practiced law in Arizona since 1975. Norm represents residential and commercial landlords with respect to all types of legal issues that arise from owning and renting Arizona real property.
In addition to managing KLO’s eviction practice, Norm handles all types of commercial litigation. Norm obtained his bachelors degree in 1972 and his law degree in 1975 from Arizona State University. Norm was president of the ASU student body in the 1974 – 1975 school year.
Norm’s practice emphasizes commercial civil litigation, including landlord tenant disputes and evictions. In his thirty-five plus years of law practice, Norm has been lead counsel in over 100 jury trials. He started his practice with the Maricopa County Attorney where he served as a prosecutor in the trial bureau and the organized crime bureau. Norm served as Bureau Chief of the document crimes bureau, the Chief of the Trial Division and as Chief Deputy County Attorney for six years. As the Chief Deputy, Norm was the number two man in the county prosecutor’s office responsible for managing the approximately 300 prosecuting attorneys. He reported directly to the elected County Attorney.
After leaving the prosecutor’s office, Norm worked for Systems and Computer Technology Corporation (NASDAQ SCTC) as General Manager of SCT’s Law Systems Division. SCT was a national provider of legal and court software. Norm is an expert in legal and court software systems and consults in this field. Norm was a founding member of the Crime Victim Foundation and has served as President of the foundation. He has been a member of the board of directors of the National District Attorney’s Association and served as a member of the Arizona Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Advisory Council.
Norm has been married since 1975 and is the father of two sons. He was a little league baseball coach for eight seasons and for two seasons he was the league commissioner. Norm was also the Cubmaster of Pack 329 of the Boy Scouts of America for five years and continues to be involved with his sons in Boy Scouting.
Phone: 602-906-4953, ext. 2
3001 E. Camelback Road, Suite 130
Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Juris Doctorate, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 1975,
- Bachelors of Arts, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, 1972, J.D.
- Maricopa County Attorney, 1975 – 1999. Norm was a prosecutor of felony criminal cases in the trial bureau and the organized crime bureau, Bureau Chief of the document crimes bureau, Chief of the Trial Division and Chief Deputy County Attorney for six years.
- Systems and Computer Technology Corporation (NASDAQ SCTC), 1985 to 1987 where he was General Manager of SCT’s Law Systems Division
Admitted to Practice Law in:
- Arizona, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Arizona 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1975